Welcome to this month’s edition of the Project Management Insights newsletter.
Four thoughts on project management for September:
1) The Digital Project Manager released a list of 2023 stats about the PM profession. The list includes salaries, project failure, agile adoption, budgets, PPM software and more!
2) With the rise of remote work, many of us are managing teams around the world. A colleague and passionate PMI volunteer, Yasmina Khelifi, wrote some excellent advice on how to work on global teams. Two recommendations that stand out for me: 1) learn how to pronounce other people’s names properly, and 2) learn to remove jargon and colloquial phrases in written and spoken English that others may not understand. Worth the read!
3) In her blog post, Do you have the courage to break the process?, Soma Bhattacharya shares her inclination to challenge the status quo. Soma notes that process is often routine and the original purpose or meaning gets lots. Check out the five recommendations she shares at the end.
4) It’s crucial for PMs to be able to turn strategy into reality. Emmanual Tackie shares how as VP of strategy and acceleration for a healthcare company he forges strategic alignment among teams.
One question for YOU to ponder:
- How can I be a better team leader?
“No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself.”
― Madonna, entertainer
Astrevo works with teams like yours to deliver customer satisfaction through increased collaboration and communication.
Contact us to learn more.